Wednesday, July 17, 2013

My Little Praying Angel

"Train up a child in the way he should go; even when he is old he will not depart from it."-- Proverbs 22:6

I asked my daughter three nights ago if she could lead the prayer that time because of my throbbing head brought about by insomnia. She politely obliged, and was quiet for a while. I figured she wasn't quite sure of what to say, so I suggested she can tell the Lord anything her heart wants to --including what she feels and what she knows.

As if a big weight was lifted instantly, she began praying, "Thank you, Lord, for this day--for our food, our house, our car, our fridge, our shoes, our clothes, my dad's job, my mom. Please forgive us for the bad things we've done. Please help my mom sleep tonight because she needs to cook a lot of food for me and my dad. I also like her to have a good day after that.

Whoa! Wait! I was really surprised to hear that. I thought it was so sweet and well-timed because insomnia has just had its rebound for the nth time. It felt really nice to be prayed for.

By the way, Lord, thank you for the Eiffel Tower--wherever country it is--because it's really beautiful. Thank you for these huge curtains that shield me from the bright lights of that hotel in front of my room. For the birds that wake me up in the morning, for the big blue sky, for the animals in the wild, for the dinosaurs that lived hundreds and hundreds of years ago because I would have died early if we lived together...

I can almost hear a hint of our Lord's laughter while she's praying all these. It just went on and on, until, "Thank you for loving me and protecting me as I sleep, Lord. In Jesus' name I pray, Amen."

I was touched to hear all of it. I thought it was a beautiful prayer.










No comments:

Post a Comment